The release of Android 4.2 sees support for Kovio‘s NFC Barcode printed tags added to the operating system. NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra-low-cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners
- Super Bowl fans explore Bay Area with BLE beacons
- Kazakhstan gets HCE payments
- Mobile banking service Pocopay goes live in Europe
- Apple Pay adds 32 banks in the US