The release of Android 4.2 sees support for Kovio‘s NFC Barcode printed tags added to the operating system. NFC Barcodes use silicon ink and thin film technology and hold the promise of ultra-low-cost tags that can be directly printed onto product labels, coupons and packaging.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards