Movie-goers at a multiplex in Mumbai, India can now book tickets, leave feedback and like the Cinemax theatre chain on Facebook after tapping smart posters or NFC enabled standees in the cinema foyer. The “Box office now in your pocket” campaign has been tried by more than 200 people over a six week period, says Indian NFC platform provider JusTap, with 35% choosing to download the Cinemax mobile app.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK