Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. "For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide," the company's Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- NFC stickers impress retailers at Sydney show
- UL gets EMVCo accreditation for mobile payments testing
- JanSport runs NFC outdoor ads in New York
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services