Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. “For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide,” the company’s Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- Samsung Pay enters beta testing
- One in four think UK will be cashless in 10 years
- Macau shops to get Alipay mobile payments upgrade
- Barclaycard offers 50% off bPay wearables
- Barclays to support Zapp ‘Pay by Bank app’ mobile payments