Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. “For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide,” the company’s Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- Spanish clothing retailer to roll out QR code payments
- Coinbase rolls out in Australia
- Windows Hello heads to apps and websites
- US and UK consumers warm to mobile payments, loyalty and coupons
- Venmo enables in-app payments