Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. “For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide,” the company’s Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- Qualcomm demos 3D fingerprint technology for mobile phones
- Google confirms Android Pay at MWC
- PayPal readies contactless reader
- PayPal to buy MCX supplier Paydiant
- Apple Watch to replace car keys