Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. “For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide,” the company’s Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right