Consumers in Malaysia will be able to use NFC phones to check hotels and restaurants are halal certified from next month. A mobile app from developer Malaysia Microelectronic Solutions works in conjunction with NFC tags at the venues and an official list of halal certified establishments to identify and authenticate approved eateries. “For the first phase, we are targeting to have this application in at least 60 premises in the Klang Valley, and we will expand nationwide,” the company’s Shafiq Akmal Ismail told the New Straits Times.
- US Bank to donate $50,000 to charity through Apple Pay
- Beacons to drive $7.5bn in holiday season spending
- Seqr to add P2P transfers to mobile wallet
- Orange France reveals mobile retailing lessons
- Mahindra Comviva explains hybrid HCE