Event ticketing and payments specialist Intellitix has opened an office in Sydney, Australia. The company’s RFID and NFC based systems will offer Australian music fans easy access, cashless payment and social media features at large events, while providing organisers with analytics and tools to fight ticket fraud and touting. The company already has offices in the US, Canada and the UK and has issued more than 2.5m tags at festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza over the last 18 months.
- Contactless on the rise in the Netherlands
- A third of Europeans have made a mobile payment
- Proxama and Mapway launch BLE beacon service on London buses
- UK contactless transactions hit 60 per second
- Corporate drivers to get mobile payments at the pump