Event ticketing and payments specialist Intellitix has opened an office in Sydney, Australia. The company’s RFID and NFC based systems will offer Australian music fans easy access, cashless payment and social media features at large events, while providing organisers with analytics and tools to fight ticket fraud and touting. The company already has offices in the US, Canada and the UK and has issued more than 2.5m tags at festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza over the last 18 months.
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards
- School children test wearable payments in Singapore
- US banks unveil money-transfer app