55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Colombia festival visitors first to use Plazez mobile payments service
- MasterCard token platform close to Australia launch
- Burger King adds MasterPass to US app
- HSBC and First Direct go live with Apple Pay in UK
- HKT launches NFC mobile payments service in Hong Kong