55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week
- US startup raises funds for multipurpose smart wallet
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks