55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria
- Swipp contactless payment opens up to 30,000 Danish merchants through Verifone deal
- United Overseas Bank offers HCE mobile payments in Singapore
- Smartwatches to play key role in mobile banking