55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Vodafone Italia adds NFC mobile payments with PayPal
- ACI reports on mobile payments usage by Indian millennials
- OT works on mobile payments rollout in France
- Coinbase adds PayPal and credit card support
- RBI reveals framework for “less-cash” society