55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Cab:app taxis to accept NFC mobile payments
- Rémy Martin to launch NFC bottle in China for authentication and rewards
- Las Vegas gets park and reward meters
- Mobile tickets launch for Houston buses
- PayPal buys money transfer provider Xoom