55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- NYT reports on LoopPay breach
- Starbucks Canada to add Mobile Order & Pay
- Scotiabank expands availability of NFC mobile wallet service
- Microsoft adds Windows Hello to new devices
- Verizon agrees to support Samsung Pay