“We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology,” the bank’s Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. “We see this as the next ‘big’ step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country.”
- KLM uses Bluetooth beacons to help passengers navigate Schiphol Airport
- Uber runs NFC marketing campaign in London pubs and clubs
- Transcript: eBay CEO John Donahoe discusses the future of PayPal as an independent company
- NFC technology report available for free download
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?