"We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology," the bank's Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. "We see this as the next 'big' step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country."
- NFC lamp post information service to launch in Tokyo
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags