“We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology,” the bank’s Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. “We see this as the next ‘big’ step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country.”
- One billion people make use of mobile banking
- LG to launch mobile payments service?
- Ultracash launches sound-based mobile payment service in Bangalore
- Calgary to get mobile ticketing app?
- Gemalto tackles card-not-present fraud with dynamic CVV codes