"We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology," the bank's Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. "We see this as the next 'big' step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR