“We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology,” the bank’s Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. “We see this as the next ‘big’ step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics