"We know that the Philippines has been anticipating mobile payments, having seen other countries like Japan adopt this technology," the bank's Noel Tagaza told the newspaper. "We see this as the next 'big' step for the banking industry and we at BPI are proud to be the first bank to introduce this service in our country."
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement