Lenovo has launched an 11.6-inch Windows 8 Ultrabook with NFC. The ThinkPad Helix is a multi-use device designed around a “rip and flip” concept that means it can be used with or without its base, as a tablet or a laptop or as a vertical screen for business presentations and movie viewing. NFC is available “on selected models,” says the company.
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore
- Wells Fargo to add NFC-based mobile payments to banking app