Lenovo has launched an 11.6-inch Windows 8 Ultrabook with NFC. The ThinkPad Helix is a multi-use device designed around a “rip and flip” concept that means it can be used with or without its base, as a tablet or a laptop or as a vertical screen for business presentations and movie viewing. NFC is available “on selected models,” says the company.
- Aramark and Tapingo take mobile payments to 25 US universities
- Chevron to offer NFC mobile payments at the pump
- Vein recognition market to grow 27% a year
- Moo launches range of NFC business cards
- DART to implement NFC fare payment system