Lenovo has launched an 11.6-inch Windows 8 Ultrabook with NFC. The ThinkPad Helix is a multi-use device designed around a “rip and flip” concept that means it can be used with or without its base, as a tablet or a laptop or as a vertical screen for business presentations and movie viewing. NFC is available “on selected models,” says the company.
- Stripe gets access to Visa Token Service through strategic partnership
- Tech firms do “better job” than banks, say 24% of young Brits
- Smart Ticketing Alliance and GlobalPlatform sign MOU
- 42% of US iPhone 6 owners use Apple Pay in May and June
- Jobseekers offered head start on new vacancies with a tap of NFC phone