Hong Kong-based NFC wallet specialist Toro has opened a European research and development centre in Barcelona, Spain. Seven technical staff have already been recruited and an additional twenty developers and UI designers will be hired in 2013. “The Barcelona team is already working on a national NFC wallet deployment by one of the major European telecom operators,” the company says.
- FitPay closes $3.1m round led by G&D
- Samsung looks into vein authentication
- APCA explores security code for digital wallets in Australia
- Apple Pay available in more than 2m US retail locations
- Apple begins selling Square contactless reader