Italian bank UBI Banca has teamed up with mobile network operator Vodafone to pilot an NFC payments service in the city of Varese. The new Enjoy Mobile Payments service lets participants store a UBI Banca prepaid card on a Samsung Galaxy S III NFC phone and then make payments at any merchant equipped to accept MasterCard PayPass contactless transactions.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper