Italian bank UBI Banca has teamed up with mobile network operator Vodafone to pilot an NFC payments service in the city of Varese. The new Enjoy Mobile Payments service lets participants store a UBI Banca prepaid card on a Samsung Galaxy S III NFC phone and then make payments at any merchant equipped to accept MasterCard PayPass contactless transactions.
- JD Sports adds BLE beacons
- BBVA reports 250,000 mobile wallet users
- Vodafone to launch NFC payments in the UK this month
- Broadcom offers IoT developer kit
- Visa licenses transactional ad platform