Australian startup NFC Wireless’s Tagster product is to be showcased at the Mobile World Congress after winning a competition organised by tag maker Smartrac’s NFCtags.com online portal. The Tagster offering comprises a smartphone app and retail packs that contain six user-programmable NFC “hotdots”. Tagster was awarded first place, says Smartrac, “due to the ease of use of its app.”
- Turkish Airlines offers travel benefits via BLE
- Xbox to get mobile purchasing
- London Underground to accept NFC payments
- USI to supply iWatch chips?
- Apple and Swatch team on iWatch?