Australian startup NFC Wireless’s Tagster product is to be showcased at the Mobile World Congress after winning a competition organised by tag maker Smartrac’s NFCtags.com online portal. The Tagster offering comprises a smartphone app and retail packs that contain six user-programmable NFC “hotdots”. Tagster was awarded first place, says Smartrac, “due to the ease of use of its app.”
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition