Australian startup NFC Wireless’s Tagster product is to be showcased at the Mobile World Congress after winning a competition organised by tag maker Smartrac’s NFCtags.com online portal. The Tagster offering comprises a smartphone app and retail packs that contain six user-programmable NFC “hotdots”. Tagster was awarded first place, says Smartrac, “due to the ease of use of its app.”
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015
- Dartmouth researchers develop continuous authentication service based on smart wristbands
- InMarket reports on attitudes to beacon messages
- John Lewis invests in BLE