Australian startup NFC Wireless's Tagster product is to be showcased at the Mobile World Congress after winning a competition organised by tag maker Smartrac's NFCtags.com online portal. The Tagster offering comprises a smartphone app and retail packs that contain six user-programmable NFC "hotdots". Tagster was awarded first place, says Smartrac, "due to the ease of use of its app."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR