Australian startup NFC Wireless's Tagster product is to be showcased at the Mobile World Congress after winning a competition organised by tag maker Smartrac's NFCtags.com online portal. The Tagster offering comprises a smartphone app and retail packs that contain six user-programmable NFC "hotdots". Tagster was awarded first place, says Smartrac, "due to the ease of use of its app."
- Dubai shopping mall to launch NFC and Bluetooth mobile loyalty program
- C-Sam speeds NFC development with applets and testing services
- Google Wallet adds phones
- Telecom Italia announces new NFC ticketing pilots
- RapidNFC adds NXP NTAG210 to its range