Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE
- Thales shows off airline seat with NFC
- Rogers expands Suretap NFC wallet with support for prepaid and gift cards