Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week