Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand