Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria
- Swipp contactless payment opens up to 30,000 Danish merchants through Verifone deal
- United Overseas Bank offers HCE mobile payments in Singapore
- Smartwatches to play key role in mobile banking