Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- HCE webinar: one week to go
- Samsung’s NFC smart suit to hit IFA 2015 catwalk
- White paper addresses seven key NFC security questions
- TSB offers contactless cashback incentive
- Engineers trial wireless communication via human body