Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- Motorola secures Android and Apple devices with smart keyfob
- United Airlines to let passengers pay for airport food and drinks using award miles
- 65% of Canadians plan to make mobile payments
- Google Wallet adds refer-a-friend program
- White paper quantifies consumer attitudes to wearable payments