Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- Americans expect cashless society in their lifetime
- Absa Bank comes to Facebook Messenger
- Mobile-only bank goes live in Germany
- LTA signs up Mastercard for account-based contactless ticketing in Singapore
- BBA reports UK contactless increase