Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators’ Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- Paym reports 89% increase in use in second half of 2015
- Apple’s Error 53 shuts down handsets with Touch ID repairs
- 3bn loyalty cards will move to mobile by 2020
- FitPay launches Kickstarter campaign to bring NFC smartstrap to market
- Cash by Optus adds contactless bands and stickers to reach beyond Android owners