Public transportation users in the French city of Caen will be able to use NFC phones to pay for their bus and tram tickets from June 2013. The new service works with the French mobile network operators' Cityzi NFC service to allow travellers on the Twisto network to buy single tickets, packs of ten tickets and passes from their mobile phone. They then tap their phone to the contactless ticket validators on buses and trams each time they travel.
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement