Connected health and fitness specialist Fitbit has updated its Android app to include support for NFC. The new version will allow users of its Fitbit Flex wristband — coming in the spring — to launch the Fitbit app and access their fitness stats by tapping the wristband to their NFC phone.
- Polish bank gets HCE mobile payments through First Data and Bell ID
- Gemalto analyses success of SK Telecom’s NFC service
- Analyst predicts exceptional growth for Apple Pay due to secure element approach
- Apple Pay adds Visa, MasterCard and five major banks in Singapore
- Wells Fargo to add NFC-based mobile payments to banking app