Visa is making multiple efforts towards a “mainstream launch” of contactless and mobile payments in the UK in 2013, Marc O’Brien, managing director of Visa UK & Ireland has told a meeting of the Westminster eForum, Marketing Week reports. “Building momentum from the Olympic Games, we’re looking to roll out of the [contactless payment] cards and handsets this year,” he said. Visa’s data suggests that 17% of the UK’s mobile phones are NFC-enabled at present, adds the report.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway