Chip maker NXP has licensed Intrinsic ID's Physically Unclonable Function (PUF) technology for use with its SmartMX2 smart card and secure element chips. "PUFs are an innovative way of safeguarding individual chips from data theft by using the unique 'fingerprint' inherent in every semiconductor device to protect its encryption key, making it very hard to clone and thus reverse-engineer and compromise security microcontrollers" says NXP.
- NFC in Toys and Games webinar: See it now on NFC World
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?