Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Citibank customers in New York get ATM access via BLE beacons
- Sweatcoin pays Brits to get fit
- BitPay launches BitPay Visa card
- State Bank of India goes live with mVisa
- Mobeam passes 40m in-store transactions