ManageEngine has added a range of mobile device management (MDM) services to its Desktop Central service, designed to make it easier for IT departments to manage the move towards 'bring your own device' (BYOD) and 'bring your own application' (BYOA). The addition of NFC support means that IT admins can now get an alert if the system detects that an employee's mobile device has been NFC enabled. They can then turn the NFC functionality on or off, as required.
- MC and Visa certify Dragonfly SIM
- Samsung promotes NFC with Robbie Williams taxi cab competition
- Yebhi.com launches NFC and QR virtual stores in Indian coffee shops
- Milan airport installs 50,000 NFC tags
- Star Trek Into Darkness gets NFC promotion at airports