ManageEngine has added a range of mobile device management (MDM) services to its Desktop Central service, designed to make it easier for IT departments to manage the move towards 'bring your own device' (BYOD) and 'bring your own application' (BYOA). The addition of NFC support means that IT admins can now get an alert if the system detects that an employee's mobile device has been NFC enabled. They can then turn the NFC functionality on or off, as required.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR