National Australia Bank is testing a new service that uses NFC, QR codes, SMS and email to allow customers to make mobile payments in stores as well as to send and receive funds, ITNews reports. 1,000 staff are taking part in a 90-day trial of the new service, which is known internally as Kiss.
- Russian supermarket tests NFC for personalised shopping and loyalty
- La Caixa partners with Telefónica, Vodafone, Orange and Visa for Europe’s largest NFC payments service
- Vodafone launches SmartPass NFC payments in Germany
- Wells Fargo to pilot Isis NFC payments
- Westpac to launch embedded NFC payments in New Year