National Australia Bank is testing a new service that uses NFC, QR codes, SMS and email to allow customers to make mobile payments in stores as well as to send and receive funds, ITNews reports. 1,000 staff are taking part in a 90-day trial of the new service, which is known internally as Kiss.
- Luxury handbag maker uses NFC tags to counter fraud
- Wells Fargo joins ClearXChange
- Kroger sues Visa over EMV authentication
- UnionPay launches HCE mobile QuickPass in South Korea
- Android Pay launches in Singapore