National Australia Bank is testing a new service that uses NFC, QR codes, SMS and email to allow customers to make mobile payments in stores as well as to send and receive funds, ITNews reports. 1,000 staff are taking part in a 90-day trial of the new service, which is known internally as Kiss.
- Visa to launch new payments service in September, Apple could be the first customer
- Festival uses BLE to gain insights into attendee activity
- Target launches image recognition app
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand