NXP Semiconductors shipped 125m NFC chips for smartphones and tablets in 2012, beating previous projections. The chip maker’s figures received a boost when Samsung shipped 40m Galaxy S III smartphones equipped with NXP chips in the final six months of the year. Samsung is, however, believed to be using Broadcom NFC technology in the new Galaxy S4.
- SimplyTapp releases new HCE SDK
- iPhone 6 teardown shows NFC chips from NXP — and AMS
- UL white paper explains Apple Pay
- Apple joins NFC secure element standards body
- Panasonic takes NFC to the air