Customers taking part in the pilot receive an NFC-enabled BlackBerry Curve smartphone with their Visa bank card details stored in the SIM. Customers can then use a Telefonica mobile wallet app on their phone to pay for goods at contactless POS terminals while also keeping track of their spending.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK