Marketing agency Charge has taken to the city streets in north east England to promote “Don’t let drink sneak up on you”, an alcohol abuse awareness campaign being run by the NHS’ Change 4 Life project. Passers-by were handed NFC-compatible wristbands which allowed those with an NFC phone to tap to download a drinks tracker app for their phone. Participants could also access the app by scanning QR codes on cards handed out during the campaign.
- Visa launches VDEP service to make it easier and cheaper for banks to offer mobile payments
- UK contactless transactions up nearly 50% in six months
- Bell ID analyses Android Pay
- Stora Enso and NXP to make intelligent packaging with NFC
- Braintree integrates Android Pay into v.zero SDK