Marketing agency Charge has taken to the city streets in north east England to promote “Don’t let drink sneak up on you”, an alcohol abuse awareness campaign being run by the NHS’ Change 4 Life project. Passers-by were handed NFC-compatible wristbands which allowed those with an NFC phone to tap to download a drinks tracker app for their phone. Participants could also access the app by scanning QR codes on cards handed out during the campaign.
- TfL tests NFC for London Underground ticket payments
- SIMalliance reports 159% growth in NFC SIM shipments
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance