Marketing agency Charge has taken to the city streets in north east England to promote "Don't let drink sneak up on you", an alcohol abuse awareness campaign being run by the NHS' Change 4 Life project. Passers-by were handed NFC-compatible wristbands which allowed those with an NFC phone to tap to download a drinks tracker app for their phone. Participants could also access the app by scanning QR codes on cards handed out during the campaign.
- Russian supermarket tests NFC for personalised shopping and loyalty
- La Caixa partners with Telefónica, Vodafone, Orange and Visa for Europe’s largest NFC payments service
- Vodafone launches SmartPass NFC payments in Germany
- Wells Fargo to pilot Isis NFC payments
- Westpac to launch embedded NFC payments in New Year