Banking group BAC Credomatic is to run an NFC payments pilot in Costa Rica, El Financiero reports. The increasing use of smartphones across the country, now at 29% of users, has prompted the trial according to the bank. NFC payments for public transport are also being considered for the future.
- US banks get on board for mobile at the ATM
- G&D gets Amex accreditation for HCE payments solution
- Apple Pay awareness, adoption and usage drops in the US
- PayPal partners with Vodafone for NFC payments in Europe
- Samsung Pay to make UK and Spain debut “very soon”