Banking group BAC Credomatic is to run an NFC payments pilot in Costa Rica, El Financiero reports. The increasing use of smartphones across the country, now at 29% of users, has prompted the trial according to the bank. NFC payments for public transport are also being considered for the future.
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours