China UnionPay executive vice president Hongfeng Chai has demonstrated the payments network's Quick Pass contactless payments service in use on an Intel-powered NFC smartphone at the Intel Developer Forum in Beijing. The two companies are now working together to develop mobile payments services that make use of both NFC and Intel's Identity Protection Technology.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR