China UnionPay executive vice president Hongfeng Chai has demonstrated the payments network’s Quick Pass contactless payments service in use on an Intel-powered NFC smartphone at the Intel Developer Forum in Beijing. The two companies are now working together to develop mobile payments services that make use of both NFC and Intel’s Identity Protection Technology.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies