"NFC handsets have reached a tipping point this year and global volumes will surge an impressive 138% in 2013", according to a new forecast by Strategy Analytics. "Most new LTE phones will launch with NFC in the future," the analysts say.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR