Identive has announced it has won an order for three million NFC tags from an unnamed retailer. The NFC Forum Type 2 tags “will be used for a mobile retail application in France”, says Identive. 800,000 of the tags will be shipped this quarter.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies