One million NFC TOM (Tag on Metal) phone stickers have been ordered from Identive for “a banking and payment program in Africa”, the company has announced. All the stickers will be shipped during the current quarter.
- Qualcomm and NXP team up for NFC on Snapdragon platforms
- NFC gets top marks for helping Barcelona kids get to school
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology