250m NFC secure elements will be shipped in 2013, Eurosmart forecasts, up some 67% from the 150m units shipped in 2012 and an increase on the smart card trade body’s last estimation in November 2012. Smart secure contactless devices will also see a rise this year, from 660m units in 2012 to 895m in 2013, an increase of 36%.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes