Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation is to use NFC and QR codes to provide tourists with information at heritage centres, The Times of India reports. By tapping a tag or scanning a code at the popular Khajuraho and Orchha tourist destinations, visitors who download the mobile app will be able to access detailed information, videos and pictures on their mobile phone in Hindi, English, Japanese, French and Mandarin.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service