German home entertainment equipment manufacturer Loewe has announced a new portable speaker that uses NFC to set up a Bluetooth streaming connection with a compatible mobile device. The Speaker 2go features two 10W tweeters and a 20W woofer, has a rechargeable internal battery that gives eight hours of playback, and will be available in the UK from June for around £269.
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6
- Smart Card Alliance offers HCE paper