Think&Go has announced that Orange and mobile phone retailer Avenir Telecom are to trial its Dynamic NFC-Screens, which allow information to be transferred from a video screen to NFC phones. Orange will showcase the screens at a major sports event while Avenir will pilot the screens in Marseille. The screens will be commercially available from June 2013 with prices starting at €3,000.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl