Oberthur Technologies' Dragonfly NFC SIM has received certification from MasterCard and Visa. The Dragonfly, which includes an "NFC Turbo Engine" hardware accelerator designed to shorten transaction times, is being tested by Thailand's largest mobile network operator in a public transport and payments pilot.
- Russian supermarket tests NFC for personalised shopping and loyalty
- La Caixa partners with Telefónica, Vodafone, Orange and Visa for Europe’s largest NFC payments service
- Vodafone launches SmartPass NFC payments in Germany
- Wells Fargo to pilot Isis NFC payments
- Westpac to launch embedded NFC payments in New Year