Apple has been granted a patent for System and method for simplified data transfer, which describes a system for simplifying the task of syncing devices and choosing which files to share between them. The “Grab & Go” patent describes in detail how NFC could be used to enable Apple devices to synchronised easily and was applied for in 2009.
- Wearable payments to reach $501bn by 2020
- OneBit tests Bitcoin payments via NFC
- US shoppers buying into mobile payments
- Square ‘files for public offering’
- Visa signs up 2,300 financial institutions for Visa Token Service