Apple has been granted a patent for System and method for simplified data transfer, which describes a system for simplifying the task of syncing devices and choosing which files to share between them. The “Grab & Go” patent describes in detail how NFC could be used to enable Apple devices to synchronised easily and was applied for in 2009.
- Bank develops NFC suit that lets customers pay by swiping a sleeve
- PayPal takes another look at NFC
- NFC Forum updates specs with support for pairing at a distance
- Total Produce pushes fruit and veg with NFC in supermarkets
- GSMA reports on NFC adoption at MWC, SIM trends and HCE