Taiwan-based PQI Group has demonstrated an NFC-enabled memory stick at Computex 2013. “Simply plug the thumb drive into a USB port and use an NFC-equipped smart phone in close proximity to engage the encryption mechanism and access files stored on the thumb drive,” says PQI. “Your personal files are safeguarded from prying eyes with the highest level of protection.”
- Next iPhone to get NFC upgrade?
- “Highly interested” Canadians ready for mobile payments
- Ant Financial valued at US$45bn
- ING adds biometrics to mobile banking app payments
- 38% of Americans back biometrics