Moscow’s Department of Transportation is planning to install NFC subway turnstiles for mobile payments later this year, according to Tass Telecom. A pilot will start in September and the project involves 32 partners, including mobile network operators, banks and payment systems, says Tass.
- Apple iPhone NFC payments rumours reach fever pitch
- Verizon aims to replace usernames and passwords with QR codes
- Mapco adds mobile payments at the pump
- CaixaBank invests in contactless ATMs
- Evidence builds for NFC in iPhone 6