Moscow’s Department of Transportation is planning to install NFC subway turnstiles for mobile payments later this year, according to Tass Telecom. A pilot will start in September and the project involves 32 partners, including mobile network operators, banks and payment systems, says Tass.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies