Residents of the United Arab Emirates will soon be able to renew their Emirates ID cards using just their NFC phone, Gulf News reports. The service is currently being pilot tested, is due to go live by the end of 2013 and “will act as a precursor to a host of other official services becoming available through smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway