There are now 36 different mobile phones that support NFC payments on the market in France, up from 26 in February 2013, the AFSCM reports, and a total of 3.5m consumers now have a Cityzi compatible NFC phone, up from 2.5m in February. “We see a real acceleration of NFC equipment rate at the national level, making it now possible to deploy large scale services leveraging this technology” says Thibault Dreuille, the association’s CEO.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway