There are now 36 different mobile phones that support NFC payments on the market in France, up from 26 in February 2013, the AFSCM reports, and a total of 3.5m consumers now have a Cityzi compatible NFC phone, up from 2.5m in February. “We see a real acceleration of NFC equipment rate at the national level, making it now possible to deploy large scale services leveraging this technology” says Thibault Dreuille, the association’s CEO.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments