Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- Discover to add support for Apple Pay
- PayPal begins piloting NFC and records 40% growth in mobile payments
- M-Pesa and MTN Mobile Money join up
- Starbucks processes 8m mobile payments every week
- Twitter invests in beacon marketer Swirl