Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows