Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- Samsung to ease online payments with new app
- Apple Pay to expand rapidly in Asia and Europe
- A quarter of Brits will make NFC mobile payments in the next year
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week