Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- Mastercard planning to become a PSP in China
- PBOC working to regulate QR code mobile payments in China
- Scotiabank gives Apple Pay users 10% cashback
- PayPal to roll out NFC mobile payments across the US through Visa deal
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services