Google has not included a secure element in the new version of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google’s Peter Hazlehurst has told Android Police, and the tablet is not therefore able to support Google Wallet NFC payments. The device does, however, support NFC read/write capabilities via Android Beam. The HTC One Play Edition also does not include an embedded SE, Hazlehurst added.
- Fido Alliance adds authentication support for NFC and BLE
- London buses get on board beacon rollout
- Beacons on menu for Cathay Pacific lounge guests
- 25% of British consumers fear mobile payments will make them spend more
- Facebook rolls out Messenger mobile payments across US