Google has not included a secure element in the new version of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google’s Peter Hazlehurst has told Android Police, and the tablet is not therefore able to support Google Wallet NFC payments. The device does, however, support NFC read/write capabilities via Android Beam. The HTC One Play Edition also does not include an embedded SE, Hazlehurst added.
- Bank of England ponders own digital currency
- Fibank to launch HCE mobile payments
- LG smart watch to offer NFC payments
- Barclays to allow Twitter payments
- Morgan Stanley joins Apple Pay