Close to 20m smartphones in the US are equipped with NFC technology "with millions more being shipped each month", NFC joint venture Isis has revealed as it announces plans to launch nationally this year. "Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis and that number will continue to grow. Support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 is expected to be introduced later this year."
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR