Close to 20m smartphones in the US are equipped with NFC technology “with millions more being shipped each month”, NFC joint venture Isis has revealed as it announces plans to launch nationally this year. “Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis and that number will continue to grow. Support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 is expected to be introduced later this year.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway