Close to 20m smartphones in the US are equipped with NFC technology “with millions more being shipped each month”, NFC joint venture Isis has revealed as it announces plans to launch nationally this year. “Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis and that number will continue to grow. Support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 is expected to be introduced later this year.”
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments