Close to 20m smartphones in the US are equipped with NFC technology “with millions more being shipped each month”, NFC joint venture Isis has revealed as it announces plans to launch nationally this year. “Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis and that number will continue to grow. Support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 is expected to be introduced later this year.”
- Zuckerberg: Facebook is working on payments but it will take time to get it right
- Starbucks now processes six million mobile payments a week
- Hillshire sells more sausages with BLE beacons
- Amazon to enter mPOS market?
- Motherboard leak fuels iPhone NFC rumours