Close to 20m smartphones in the US are equipped with NFC technology "with millions more being shipped each month", NFC joint venture Isis has revealed as it announces plans to launch nationally this year. "Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis and that number will continue to grow. Support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 is expected to be introduced later this year."
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?
- French firm sues HTC and LG for NFC patent infringement