A launch date of 2 September 2013 has been set for the NFC payments pilot to be run by three major banks — ABN Amro, ING and Rabobank — and mobile network operator KPN in the Dutch city of Leiden. Full project details are to be announced on 29 August.
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal
- Nintendo adds NFC payments
- Four in ten mobile wallet users choose mobile as primary mode of payment
- CU Wallet signs up 65 credit unions for QR mobile payments