A launch date of 2 September 2013 has been set for the NFC payments pilot to be run by three major banks — ABN Amro, ING and Rabobank — and mobile network operator KPN in the Dutch city of Leiden. Full project details are to be announced on 29 August.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure