Mobile payments startup Gust Pay provided NFC wristbands to festival-goers at last weekend’s Rocking The Daisies music and lifestyle festival in South Africa. Attendees were able to use the wristbands for cashless payments across the festival site near Cape Town, and the company’s Event Intelligence service was used to provide analytic data.
- 2.2bn NFC-enabled handset shipments by 2020, IHS Technology predicts
- Beacons guide Hong Kong airport passengers
- Maple Leafs install beacons for draft party
- Sharp includes fingerprint sensor in flagship smartphone
- US$2.7tn mobile wallet market by 2020