Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. "Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch," the document says.
- Isis considers HCE as monthly growth hits 50%
- New EMV framework to support NFC, QR, Bluetooth LE and more
- Smartrac to seed Internet of Things platform with 1.5bn tags a year
- NXP to demo NFC national ID app
- MeaWallet to launch mobile payments platform that supports NFC, BLE and QR