Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. "Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch," the document says.
- NFC in Toys and Games webinar: See it now on NFC World
- ICS picks Aconite for NFC
- Zwipe raises US$3.5m for NFC and fingerprint ID card
- Qualcomm announces 4G Snapdragon chipsets with NFC
- Chrome OS to get NFC unlock?