Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- iPad to get Apple Pay support?
- eBay to spin off PayPal as a separate company in 2015
- Dartmouth researchers develop continuous authentication service based on smart wristbands
- InMarket reports on attitudes to beacon messages
- John Lewis invests in BLE