Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Wells Fargo to launch NFC mobile payments
- Starbucks to take mobile payments and rewards to India
- TfL rolls out contactless on Thames river buses
- Inside Secure launches MatrixHCE solution
- One in 10 UK card payments were contactless in 2015