Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- German carriers and retailers promote NFC mobile payments in Berlin
- Jawbone adds NFC payments to fitness trackers with AmEx
- Half of digital tickets will be bought on mobile by 2019
- Jawbone to add NFC payments?
- Kairos mechanical smartwatches get NFC payments