Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics