Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Fido Alliance adds authentication support for NFC and BLE
- London buses get on board beacon rollout
- Beacons on menu for Cathay Pacific lounge guests
- 25% of British consumers fear mobile payments will make them spend more
- Facebook rolls out Messenger mobile payments across US