Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices
- Delhi commuters to get wearable travel cards