Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Cartamundi to develop flexible NFC tags
- 30% of US shoppers to use mobile payments this holiday season
- Drop offers beacon-based payments
- Square eyes global expansion
- Saatchi & Saatchi designs beacon loyalty rewards for Japan’s TenTen Technologies