Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- White paper advises banks on launching Android-based mobile payment services
- Mastercard takes majority stake in VocaLink
- Visa reports EMV uptake in the US
- Motorists rewarded for mobile payments at the pump
- More than half of Irish consumers now using contactless