Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- SimplyTapp launches open source tokenization project
- Bookatable tests iBeacon at 119 restaurants
- Chicago to get NFC mobile ticketing in 2016
- Discover CEO outlines plan to join Apple Pay
- Researchers show off ‘skin buttons’ for smartwatches