Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- AMP Bank adds HCE payments to mobile app
- 82% of UK marketers unaware of NFC OOH advertising
- Vodafone combines tokens and SIMs for NFC payments in Europe
- One in five US mobile phone users made a mobile payment in 2014
- NFC wristbands to help swimmers track performance