Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Festival uses BLE to gain insights into attendee activity
- Target launches image recognition app
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone