Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Harris+Hoole reports 200,000 mobile payments
- Dunkin’ Mobile gets 10m downloads
- CUP to launch Android Pay in China
- Norwich buses get Bluetooth beacons that deliver offers to passengers on the move
- Ugo launches open NFC payments and rewards wallet in Canada