Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Join NFC World and Gemalto to learn how to develop a successful mobile payments roadmap
- Oxigen Wallet loyalty program partnership
- Half of Brits expect to replace cash with new technologies
- Wienerschnitzel launches mobile payment and loyalty app
- CaixaBank launches HCE mobile payments app