Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- JCPenney piloting store cards on Apple Pay
- Developers unveil electronic tattoos for payments and healthcare
- Fashion mag drives 500,000 store visits with beacon campaign
- Wirecard launches HCE payments in four European countries
- Half of UK shoppers think wearable payments will be commonplace within five years