Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Optus expands NFC payments to prepaid customers
- ICICI Bank launches mVisa mobile payments
- Barclays to support Apple Pay from early 2016?
- Starbucks, KFC and Chili’s to support Apple Pay
- Tangerine tests facial recognition