Skoubee, a Swiss electronic pet ID provider, is offering its Skoubee Medal range of ID tags with NFC and QR codes. On reading a Skoubee Medal consumers are able to see the pet’s personal profile, including their microchip number and owner’s contact information, on Skoubee’s website. Available in two colours for €48, the Skoubee Medal also includes an 8-digit code that can be entered on the website by those without a smartphone.
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand
- Vodafone Italia pilots smart shopping posters
- Pepsi tests NFC for shopper marketing
- Interest in mobile payments grows