Dubai residents will be able to pay taxi fares using a prepaid Smart Nol transit card stored on their NFC SIM from January 2014, the city’s Roads and Transport Authority has announced. Etisalat and Du subscribers have been able to pay via NFC for public transportation since September 2013.
- Starbucks’ Mobile Order & Pay on the rise across the US
- AMS sells NFC and RFID reader business to STMicroelectronics
- Spanish clothing retailer to roll out QR code payments
- Coinbase rolls out in Australia
- Windows Hello heads to apps and websites