Hong Kong ATM network provider Jetco is to offer NFC payments using an add-on device that plugs into the headphone jack of a standard smartphone, the South China Morning Post reports. Five of Jetco’s thirty member banks have signed up for the service and Bank of China (Hong Kong) is set to be the first to pilot the platform later this year, alongside its existing BOC e-Wallet NFC service.
- JPMorgan Chase CEO outlines mobile wallet strategy
- Capital One founder hails Apple Pay “breakthrough”
- MasterCard backs Zwipe fingerprint payment card
- Obama signs chip and pin law
- Android 5.0 SDK now available