Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has included Oberthur Technologies’ Pearl embedded secure element in its Mi3 handset — a device which sold 100,000 units in under 90 seconds when it became available earlier this month. The Pearl is certified for NFC payments by Visa, MasterCard and Google and is undergoing certification by China UnionPay. It also supports strong authentication, transit, access and loyalty applications.
- AMS chips will allow cars to be unlocked and started with NFC phones
- Carrefour uses LED lighting to send offers to shoppers in stores
- Apple Store purchases get two-step authentication
- Mobile payment market worth $2.8tn by 2020
- India’s ICICI Bank launches voice recognition service