Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has included Oberthur Technologies’ Pearl embedded secure element in its Mi3 handset — a device which sold 100,000 units in under 90 seconds when it became available earlier this month. The Pearl is certified for NFC payments by Visa, MasterCard and Google and is undergoing certification by China UnionPay. It also supports strong authentication, transit, access and loyalty applications.
- Nestle runs NFC marketing campaign in 480 Woolworth stores across Australia
- American Express tests HCE for NFC payments
- Hilton to let guests unlock their doors with smartphones
- HBC deploys iBeacons in Hudson’s Bay and Lord & Taylor department stores across the US and Canada
- NXP CEO: NFC secure elements will continue to see strong demand