Chinese smartphone maker Hike Mobile has released two NFC smartphones, the X1 and the X1D. Both devices run the company’s custom version of Android 4.2, cost CNY1,999 (US$328) and feature a 5-inch full HD display with 13 megapixel rear camera, a 1.5GHz quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The X1D also offers dual SIM support.
- French banks begin HCE payments pilot
- Alibaba checks in simple hotel booking
- Apple Pay users report merchant POS problems
- New Zealand NFC wallet venture Semble goes live
- AMP Bank adds HCE payments to mobile app