Software developer Everdreamsoft is seeking US$75,000 in crowdfunding to produce physical versions of its Moonga online trading cards, enabling gamers to continue earning online points offline. Moonga “connected cards” will contain an NFC tag that can be used to store the history of a card, encourage local interactions with other gamers by offering team benefits and allow players to track their games by tapping a card to their smartphones. The Kickstarter funding drive closes on 22 November.
- Amazon releases mobile wallet app for Android
- Westpac trials HCE mobile payments in New Zealand
- Consult Hyperion demos EMV mobile payments over BLE on an iPhone
- IBM partners with Monitise
- GSMA publishes NFC coupon and loyalty technical proposal