The UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board is providing a £1.1m grant to a consortium led by Tedipay that is developing MultiPass, a smart ticketing service designed to offer a single, nationwide travel pass that will always charge travellers the lowest possible fare. Multipass will be available on NFC phones and also allow passengers to make payments for snacks and drinks, car parking and other travel-related products and services.
- Colombia festival visitors first to use Plazez mobile payments service
- MasterCard token platform close to Australia launch
- Burger King adds MasterPass to US app
- HSBC and First Direct go live with Apple Pay in UK
- HKT launches NFC mobile payments service in Hong Kong