The UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board is providing a £1.1m grant to a consortium led by Tedipay that is developing MultiPass, a smart ticketing service designed to offer a single, nationwide travel pass that will always charge travellers the lowest possible fare. Multipass will be available on NFC phones and also allow passengers to make payments for snacks and drinks, car parking and other travel-related products and services.
- MasterCard collaborates on speeding up EMV checkout
- Samsung Pay to launch in Spain next week
- US startup raises funds for multipurpose smart wallet
- BLE beacons to deliver 1.6bn coupons a year by 2020
- Android Pay adds 47 banks