The UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board is providing a £1.1m grant to a consortium led by Tedipay that is developing MultiPass, a smart ticketing service designed to offer a single, nationwide travel pass that will always charge travellers the lowest possible fare. Multipass will be available on NFC phones and also allow passengers to make payments for snacks and drinks, car parking and other travel-related products and services.
- ING Direct allows donations with Android Pay
- Apple says NFC access “not open to negotiation with any bank”
- Xiaomi to launch Mi Pay on 1 September
- Malibu equips 40,000 bottles with NFC tags for UK pilot
- ANZ adds Mastercard support to Apple Pay