The UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board is providing a £1.1m grant to a consortium led by Tedipay that is developing MultiPass, a smart ticketing service designed to offer a single, nationwide travel pass that will always charge travellers the lowest possible fare. Multipass will be available on NFC phones and also allow passengers to make payments for snacks and drinks, car parking and other travel-related products and services.
- Deutsche Bank to launch NFC payments in Q3
- Gemalto named as leading mobile ticketing vendor
- MasterCard to reduce EMV checkout time
- Samsung Pay goes live at Woori Bank ATMs
- Australia’s ANZ adds support for Apple Pay