Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- BNP Paribas tests NFC screen shopping
- Three launches NFC mobile payments in Austria
- Swipp contactless payment opens up to 30,000 Danish merchants through Verifone deal
- United Overseas Bank offers HCE mobile payments in Singapore
- Smartwatches to play key role in mobile banking