Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- Apple Watch carries NFC components from NXP and AMS
- Tattoos confound Apple Watch wrist detection, making Apple Pay “unusable”
- 84% of banks and retailers plan to invest in mobile payment technology
- 92% of UK mobile users to make a mobile payment in 2015
- Chip and PIN faces slow take-up in US, says Forrester