Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- London markets could go contactless
- Amex cardholders use reward points for Best Buy purchases
- US IT decision makers unprepared for EMV
- New Google Glass ‘released soon’
- US shoppers make more mobile payments