Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- Qualcomm demos 3D fingerprint technology for mobile phones
- Google confirms Android Pay at MWC
- PayPal readies contactless reader
- PayPal to buy MCX supplier Paydiant
- Apple Watch to replace car keys