Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- Yandex.Checkout gets QR codes
- ANZ accused over Apple Pay support
- Biometric banking to top $4bn by 2021
- Starbucks’ Mobile Order & Pay on the rise across the US
- AMS sells NFC and RFID reader business to STMicroelectronics