Australian startup Tappr has raised A$2m in seed funding for an NFC payments service that is due to launch in early 2014. Tappr’s Nero app will enable consumers to make payments using a mobile wallet and merchants will be able to accept payments via Juvo, an NFC receiver that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone or tablet.
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration