Australian startup Tappr has raised A$2m in seed funding for an NFC payments service that is due to launch in early 2014. Tappr’s Nero app will enable consumers to make payments using a mobile wallet and merchants will be able to accept payments via Juvo, an NFC receiver that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone or tablet.
- Indian employees make NFC payments using everyday objects
- Two in three young Brits have made a mobile payment in-store
- Japanese bank eyes facial recognition
- IHG to accept Alipay in hotels worldwide
- NFC Ring circles the globe