Australian startup Tappr has raised A$2m in seed funding for an NFC payments service that is due to launch in early 2014. Tappr’s Nero app will enable consumers to make payments using a mobile wallet and merchants will be able to accept payments via Juvo, an NFC receiver that plugs into the audio jack of a smartphone or tablet.
- SimplyTapp compares Apple Pay and Android HCE
- Macy’s unveils mobile payments and customer marketing plans
- Subway to accept mobile payments in 26,000 US locations
- Apple Pay to get 0.15% transaction fee
- No Apple Pay for Walmart, Best Buy